Protecting Android applications and SDKs against reverse engineering and hacking
Android applications and SDKs are easy to decompile using readily available tools. This opens the way for various forms of abuse, including intellectual property theft, credential harvesting, tampering and cloning.
DexGuard protects native Android and cross-platform apps and SDKs against reverse engineering and hacking. It hardens apps' code and enables them to defend themselves at runtime.
- Code hardening
- Runtime self-protection
Secure app development made easy
- DexGuard integrates transparently in the Android build process: it doesn't require any changes to your source code.
- DexGuard offers extensive customization options to enable you to adapt the applied protection to your security and performance requirements.
- DexGuard is fully compatible with all common build tools and development environments (Gradle, Android Studio, Ant, Eclipse, Maven and custom builds).
- DexGuard offers built-in support for both native Android (Java, Kotlin) and cross-platform apps (Cordova, Ionic, React Native, Unity), making it easier for developers to protect their revenue streams and reputations across all mobile operating systems.
- DexGuard is built on ProGuard. This makes it easy to upgrade: you can reuse your ProGuard configuration and implement DexGuard's additional layers of protection.
Advanced obfuscation and runtime protection for Android APKs and SDKs
DexGuard prevents attackers from gaining insight into your source code and modify it or extract valuable information from it. DexGuard offers:
- Obfuscation of names of classes, fields and methods. of arithmetic instructions, control flow, native code and library names, resources and SDK method calls
- Encryption of classes, strings, assets, resource files and native libraries
Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP)
DexGuard enables your applications to protect themselves against real-time attacks. This prevents attackers from gathering knowledge about their behavior and modifying it at runtime. DexGuard offers:
- Detection of debugging tools, emulators, rooted devices, hooking frameworks, root cloaking frameworks and tampering
- SSL pinning and Webview SSL pinning
- Certificate checks
DexGuard reduces the size of your applications and improves their performance. It provides:
- Removal of redundant code, logging code and metadata, unused resources and native libraries
- Code and resource optimization